check & monitor your SSD / Flash Storage health
SSDReporter is an application that checks the health of your internal Solid State Disks ("SSD" aka "Flash Storage"). Since SSDs have a limited life-time determined by the number of write operations it is important to keep an eye on your SSD status. SSDReporter can warn you by e-mail or on-screen each time the health of your SSD decreases and/or when the health falls below the 'warning' or 'error' thresholds. The current status of your SSDs is also always easily recognizable because SSDReporter changes its icon (optionally in the menubar) from green to yellow (warning threshold) and finally red (error threshold) as the SSD health decreases.
Limitations & Compatibility:
Only 'internal' SSDs are supported, disks connected via USB/FireWire/etc do not work at all with SSDReporter.
SSDReporter works with all internal SSDs that support S.M.A.R.T. in online mode and export useful health/lifetime attributes.
SSD models that are known not to work for various reasons include:
• the SSD built into the 2015 12" MacBook is incompatible
• the "SEAGATE 600 SSD Series" is incompatible
• a few 2013 and 2014 MacBookAir models contain incompatible 'TOSHIBA' SSDs
• some 'Micron' and 'Crucial' SSDs are incompatible
• some 'OCZ' SSDs including the ONYX, AGILITY4, VECTOR & VERTEX but excluding the TRION are incompatible
• most 'OWC' SSDs including the AURA, MERCURY & ELECTRA are incompatible
For more information check our Read Me and F.A.Q. and try the free 'Demo' version prior to purchase.
• Mac OS X "Mavericks" 10.9 or later
• At least one compatible internal "Solid State Disk" (SSD) or "Flash Storage" disk
License & Cost:
SSDReporter is licensed under a proprietary license and costs 3.99$/€.