SSDReporter is an application that checks the health of your internal Solid State Disks ("SSD" aka "Flash Storage"). Since SSDs have a limited life-time determined by the number of write operations it is important to keep an eye on your SSD status. SSDReporter can warn you by e-mail or on-screen each time the health of your SSD decreases and/or when the health falls below the 'warning' or 'error' thresholds. The current status of your SSDs is also always easily recognizable because SSDReporter changes its icon (optionally in the menubar) from green to yellow (warning threshold) and finally red (error threshold) as the SSD health decreases.
Limitations & Compatibility:
Only 'internal' SSDs are supported, disks connected via USB&FireWire do not work at all with SSDReporter.
eSATA & ThunderBolt connected SSDs may work if the enclosure is S.M.A.R.T.-compatible.
Some SSDs do not support S.M.A.R.T. at all and therefore do not work with SSDReporter:
• the SSDs built into the Early 2015 and Early 2016 MacBook 12" are incompatible
• the SSDs built into the Late 2016 MacBook Pro (TouchBar) are incompatible
• the 'OWC Aura SSD for Mac Pro' is incompatible
Some SSDs do not report useful health/lifetime attributes over S.M.A.R.T. and therefore do not work with SSDReporter:
• the 'SEAGATE 600 SSD Series' (ST*HM000, ST*HM001) is incompatible
Some SSDs report health attributes only in mode which is incompatible with Mac OS X and therefore do not work with SSDReporter:
• a few 2013 and 2014 MacBookAir models contain 'TOSHIBA' SSDs (APPLE SSD TS0128F/TS0256F) which are incompatible
• some 'OCZ' SSDs models including the ONYX, AGILITY4, VECTOR, &VERTEX3/4/450/460 but excluding the TRION are incompatible
• most 'OWC' SSDs models including the MERCURY ELECTRA are incompatible
• many 'Micron' and 'Crucial' SSDs are incompatible
Please make sure to try the free DEMO VERSION prior to purchase to check compatibility.
• Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" or later
• At least one compatible internal "Solid State Disk" (SSD) or "Flash Storage" device (see above)
License & Cost:
SSDReporter is licensed under a proprietary license and costs 3.99$/€.
Contact & Support:
The product website is located here: https://www.corecode.io/ssdreporter/
Technical support is available only from within SSDReporter, select "Contact support…" in the "Help" menu.
0.) Download SSDReporter from the "Mac App Store" and once it has finished downloading start it from Launchpad or your Applications folder.
1.) The "SSDReporter Welcome Assistant" will be opened. The assistant gives you options to automatically launch SSDReporter when starting your computer and the option to remove SSDReporter from being displayed in the Dock. It is strongly recommended to check both options as SSDReporter needs to be running all the time to perform its SSD checks. Click "Finish Setup" to apply your settings.
2.) SSDReporter will now open its main configuration window because this is the first time you use it. You can now see the "Status" tab which displays an overview over the result of all SSD checks and the status of each individual SSD. Here you can configure a plethora of options:
• whether SSDReporter should notify you each time the health decreases or only when the warning or the error threshold is reached
• in which way SSDReporter should notify you about health problems: by e-mail or by alert dialogue or on-screen notification
• the SSD check interval and the 'warning' and 'error' thresholds
3.) After you've configured SSDReporter to your liking you can close its configuration window. As long as SSDReporter runs it will protect you by checking your SSDs and it will alert you when there are health problems. Note that it will depend on the vendor and your device guarantee if a SSD that reaches the end of its lifetime will be replaced for free.
If you want to have SSDReporter try to check all disks even if it doesn't recognise them as being a SSD, you can run this command in the Terminal (see FAQ):
defaults write com.corecode.SSDReporter CheckAllDisks -bool true
Copyright © 2017 CoreCode Limited.
All rights reserved.
All used trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.